As the country moves towards opening up, Brighton’s city centre businesses have supported a business plan to deliver a thriving, safe, clean and vibrant city centre that residents will want to come back to time and time again.
More than 80% of city centre businesses voted to pay for an additional levy to the Brighton BID with the aim of reinvigorating the high street post pandemic
The plan was devised through a detailed consultation process during 2020 and will start delivery on the 1st of July for five years.
The brand-new plan will:
- Deliver enhanced street cleansing and jet washing in the BID area.
- Provide the city’s annual Christmas lighting display.
- Create a safer shopping experience with the City Centre Ambassadors.
- Create a year-round calendar of events to attract customers.
- Provide an enhanced marketing service for the BID area’s 517 shops, restaurants, bars, salons and cafes.
The BID will also continue to provide a range of services for the business community to help reduce costs.
Gavin Stewart, BID CEO said:
“We would like to send out a huge thank you to the businesses for their vote of confidence in this plan. As we move out of lockdowns and back to the reopening of the city, there’s a real feeling of optimism and we are all looking forward to welcoming residents and visitors back to experience everything that is brilliant about Brighton.”