The Greater Brighton Economic Board (GBEB) grew from the 2014 City Deal and now enjoys membership from across the public and private sectors.
The Board’s vision is for the Greater Brighton region to have a growing, modern economy that is international, creative, connected, talented and resilient.
- Build an international profile with strong and relevant supporting messaging.
- Establishment of an inward investment proposition.
- Support innovative businesses to scale and grow
- Sharing and commercialising knowledge
- Roll-out of fibre infrastructure
- To become the most 5G-enabled City Region
- Attracting and retaining talent in the City Region
- Develop an integrated approach to talent
- Build economic resilience
- Build environmental and social resilience
Residents, visitors and businesses will soon benefit from faster and more reliable broadband internet as more areas across Greater Brighton. Brighton & Hove is following Adur, Worthing and Crawley on working with the UK's leading wholesale fibre network...read more
A new energy group dedicated to putting Greater Brighton at the forefront of a hydrogen fuel revolution has been established. Local authorities, businesses and organisations from across the region and further across the county have formed a group called Hydrogen...read more
A bid for Freeport status at one of the largest industrial parks in the UK has been launched to support a post-COVID lockdown recovery in Crawley and the wider Greater Brighton region. Proposals submitted to Government by the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise...read more