The Greater Brighton Economic Board (GBEB) grew from the 2014 City Deal and now enjoys membership from across the public and private sectors.
The Board’s vision is for the Greater Brighton region to have a growing, modern economy that is international, creative, connected, talented and resilient.
- Build an international profile with strong and relevant supporting messaging.
- Establishment of an inward investment proposition.
- Support innovative businesses to scale and grow
- Sharing and commercialising knowledge
- Roll-out of fibre infrastructure
- To become the most 5G-enabled City Region
- Attracting and retaining talent in the City Region
- Develop an integrated approach to talent
- Build economic resilience
- Build environmental and social resilience
Greater Brighton can be a flagship city region leading the fight against climate change but needs more government support to unlock powers to take action. That was the message from Greater Brighton's spokesman on the environment as he closed a special conference on...read more
Changing to a net zero carbon society with the help of buses driven by hydrogen and restored kelp beds off the coast is the subject of an important conference taking place next week. The Greater Brighton City Region is organising the climate change conference to...read more
University staff and students have begun an in-depth study of underwater habitats off the Sussex coast as part of a Greater Brighton-backed project to restore some of the most biodiverse habitat in the world, and recover a vital carbon sink. Led by Dr Mika Peck and Dr...read more