The Greater Brighton Economic Board (GBEB) grew from the 2014 City Deal and now enjoys membership from across the public and private sectors.
The Board’s vision is for the Greater Brighton region to have a growing, modern economy that is international, creative, connected, talented and resilient.
- Build an international profile with strong and relevant supporting messaging.
- Establishment of an inward investment proposition.
- Support innovative businesses to scale and grow
- Sharing and commercialising knowledge
- Roll-out of fibre infrastructure
- To become the most 5G-enabled City Region
- Attracting and retaining talent in the City Region
- Develop an integrated approach to talent
- Build economic resilience
- Build environmental and social resilience
Plans to turn Greater Brighton into one of the leading centres for clean hydrogen in the UK have taken a step forward with a bid for government funding. Rapid progress is being made to ride the wave of interest in hydrogen to power vehicles and heat homes with...read more
Sussex inshore waters are now better protected for generations to come thanks to new progressive management of trawling - a move which is supported by Greater Brighton and forms part of its GB10 initiative. The Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority’s new...read more
The quest to place Greater Brighton at the heart of the UK hydrogen revolution has begun with innovators, researchers, businesses and politicians of all parties uniting to back the bid. More than 200 people attended the virtual launch of Hydrogen Sussex last week as...read more