The Greater Brighton Economic Board (GBEB) grew from the 2014 City Deal and now enjoys membership from across the public and private sectors.
The Board’s vision is for the Greater Brighton region to have a growing, modern economy that is international, creative, connected, talented and resilient.
- Build an international profile with strong and relevant supporting messaging.
- Establishment of an inward investment proposition.
- Support innovative businesses to scale and grow
- Sharing and commercialising knowledge
- Roll-out of fibre infrastructure
- To become the most 5G-enabled City Region
- Attracting and retaining talent in the City Region
- Develop an integrated approach to talent
- Build economic resilience
- Build environmental and social resilience
University staff and students have begun an in-depth study of underwater habitats off the Sussex coast as part of a Greater Brighton-backed project to restore some of the most biodiverse habitat in the world, and recover a vital carbon sink. Led by Dr Mika Peck and Dr...read more
Task force to examine ways to make 28,000 Greater Brighton homes more energy efficient and reduce carbon emissions
A special task-force of experts is to be established by the Greater Brighton City Region to help turn existing houses into zero carbon emitters. Energy used to power and heat existing homes in Britain contribute 20 per cent to the nation’s carbon emissions so urgent...read more
Help Nature to ReNature! Major initiative to tackle biodiversity crisis and create around 21,000 football pitches of new wildlife-rich habitat
An inspiring campaign launches today to “renature” the South Downs National Park and create new havens for wildlife to flourish. In the biggest initiative ever launched by the National Park, the #ReNature campaign is looking to raise £100m over the next 10 years to...read more